With the wide range of desk lights available on the market, choosing which one will work best for you may seem like a hard task. We’ll go ahead and answer these questions so that you can find a product that works for you and your workspace.
What is a Monitor Light Bar
A monitor light bar (screen bar) is a piece of hardware that connects to the top edge of your display. It brightens dark regions on your desktop while decreasing glare from other lights. It’s an excellent way to enhance the ergonomic lighting conditions at your desk. This is essentially a modern version of the “desk lamp.” It is intended to cast light downward onto your desk without the need for a surface.
Monitor light bars have grown more popular as computers have become a vital part of our everyday life. Maybe you’ve seen folks who have computer monitor light bars and wondered why they had them. “The room lighting in my workplace is typically bright enough, but it’s kinda ‘shadowy’ ”. If you’ve ever had this concern, you’ve come to the right place.
What Does Monitor Light Bar Do
People who sometimes have difficulties seeing their displays due to low illumination should certainly consider a desk led light bar. While screen bars are particularly useful when using computers late at night since they alleviate eye strain caused by extended exposure to bright displays.
What is a Desk Lamp?
A desk lamp is similar to an overhead fluorescent bulb, but it has been modified with a reflector to focus light downward onto a surface below. These bulbs are often placed atop tables or desks to light certain areas of a room or office.
Shades come in a variety of forms, including rectangular, square, round, and triangular. Some types include movable arms that enable users to alter the shade’s height.
Desk lights are handy for lighting tiny locations like your workplace desk. You may also utilize desk lights to illuminate certain portions of the space.
Some of the advantages of having a desk light include:
• Provides concentrated light– desk lights direct light down onto a specific region so that things inside that area get enough lighting. For example, a desk lamp placed above a bedside will produce enough light to read comfortably.
• Creates an environment favorable to concentration– lighting impacts our emotions. When we feel comfortable in a specific place, we tend to perform better than when we don’t. Lighting also helps us relax and unwind after a hard day.
Monitor Light Bar or Desk Lamp?
Desk lights and monitor light bars serve distinct functions. Both are intended for comparable goals, but each has its own set of strengths; they vary in a variety of ways.
Do You Need to Save Space on Your Desk?
Both of these lights are strong and dependable, providing a sufficient quantity of light to liven up your workstation. While they functioned well and served their purpose, desk lights may be inconvenient and take up a lot of room. Desk lights aren’t an issue if you have a large desk, but I’m guessing the bulk of us don’t.
Image source: cultofmac.com
Monitor light bars are very thin and will go unnoticed when put on top of your displays. They will provide you with a lot of working space on your desk.
Choose Screen Bar or Monitor Light Bar to Reduce Glare
When it comes to displays, the most widespread misconception is that glare is unavoidable. It might be difficult to totally eliminate glare from TVs, computer screens, tablets, and other gadgets. Screen Bars are made to prevent glare on your monitor screen.
The way monitor light bar brightens my workspace was the first thing I noticed about it. It’s constructed of small LEDs that are uniformly spaced over the surface. They don’t have the unpleasant glare that built-in lights on most computer workstations have.
A Desk Light May be a Better Alternative for Greater Reach and Illumination
E-reading led lamps, in my view, are the ideal desk light. They give the greatest illumination for your workspace and cost about the same as desk lights!
Desk lights may be a better alternative if you need multipurpose lighting that can serve double duty. A desk lamp will do the work whether you need the extra reach or simply a bit more light. In terms of lighting possibilities, desk lights are also more versatile than a monitor light bar.
To touch on some other benefits of monitor light bar compared with desk lamp, we highlighted the benefits as shown below:
• They conserve energy. Monitor light bars conserve energy since they use very little of it. Most monitors, in fact, only need 1-5 watts of electricity. If you used standard incandescent lights, though, you would need a lot more watts of electricity simply to have them shine brightly enough.
• They are compact and lightweight.
• They make typing more convenient. When you utilize monitor light bars, typing becomes much easier. If you need to type in low-light environments or if your keyboard lacks backlighting, you should consider purchasing one.
• They guarantee that the light is directed at your workplace rather than your monitor, which is a common problem with most table lamps.
• Enhances vision – monitor lights bars give outstanding contrast and lighting for work, hobbies, and anything else that necessitates improved visibility.